Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Pam's Basics 108 blog

Day 1:

Guess what??? I am now an "ADVANCED" student! How advanced? Advanced enough to put me off ganaching FOR LIFE! Seriously, we spent THE WHOLE DAY carving and ganaching this bloody cake!!! I will definitely charge my future clients extra JUST for cleaning up! Never before have I seen the buckets being changed so frequently as there was so much mess everywhere - all the time. It's an annoying process: check measurements, carve the cake, turn the cake over, carve again, build up the height, carve, turn the cake over, carve, check measurements, check for excess cake, prepare cake for ganaching, crumb coat, ganache, smooth.. It just goes on and on and on and on and this whole process had to be repeated 3 TIMES!!! Sure thing, everyone was on the low - tired and ganached out.

And don't even get me started on how complicated the internal structure is.

Oh, and I've got this big fat giant blockage in my brain! No bright ideas, no clear vision - nothing. I have no idea what I want to do with this cake. The ones that I've thought of doing are either too complicated to do in 2 days or missing the X factor. I'm doomed.

*SIGH*

Hopefully, will have some good news to share with you guys tomorrow! x

0 comments:

Post a Comment