Monday, January 24, 2011

World's largest Opera House cake ganached? Tick!

I was greeted by some seriously wan faces this morning when I came into the awesome sight of what looks like it really could become the worls'd largest Opera House cake. The whole crew was here until late into the evening and back for a 6am start, but the fatigue has paid off (I'm not game to tell them that just yet!) and they are already underway with the covering.

I love these pics of the guys in their overalls, the place really does look like a scene from Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory, and with the amount of sugar I've comsumed already I'm beginning to feel a little like I'm in one myself!

Kind of like a grown up version of making mud pies? 




 Jean Michel and his reference, roughly one millionth of the size of our cake





Our youngest volunteer, the very lovely Laura 



Ganache -tick!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment