Thursday, January 20, 2011

Meet Team "Soprano"

Quite frankly I'm a little sick of all these photo's of us and I'm sure you guys are too, so today it is with great pleasure that I present to you, our fabulous volunteers!

First up, let me introduce to some of the gals from group 1, 'Team Soprano'.




Meet Kate, Amanda and Belinda. While chatting to them this morning, I learned that these three QLD babes met via the social cake network (including our own Tea Party forum) and have since become firm friends. In fact Kate and Amanda were great mates before they even clapped eyes on each other! Stories like this absolutely thrill this little vegemite...let's stick together fellow cake-lovers!

AMANDA EISING (middle)

Where are you from? Boyne Island, Central QLD

What possessed you to volunteer with our crazy lot? After completing several courses with Planet Cake I was just so excited to have the oppurtunity to work alongside such a talented group of decorators.

How long have you been decorating cakes? Actually I'm relatively new to cake decorating and only began about 12 months ago after enrolling in Cupcake Bootcamp in Brisbane. After three days of cupcakes I knew this was exactly where I wanted to be and enrolled in the Basics Foundation and Intermediate quick-smart! I now run my own decorating business on Boyne Island, Cake Delish (sorry I couldn't help myself from a bit of shameless self-promotion!)

What has been the most challenging part of this week so far? To be honest I think I'm still in the honeymoon phase and just so excited about being here that I feel completely relaxed about the whole thing (although that could be because I know if I get lost you guys will tell me what to do!)

KATE JORDAN (left)

What's been the biggest challenge for you this week? There's just no room for nerves this week and to be totally honest we're just so pumped to be here! But that said I have to admit I found working with styrofoam for the first time really difficult, who knew sawing through even just squares of styro was such hard work?!

Claim to Fame: Kate came up with the team name (love it) and labelled our store room the 'Styro Cave' (very apt I must say...I know my locker is in there somewhere!)


0 comments:

Post a Comment