Saturday, April 23, 2011

Easter time at Planet Cake!

Given what we do, it's no surprise really that we LOVE easter time in here.
Reason #1 Chocolate, chocolate and more chocolate
Reason #2 We will use absolutely any excuse we can to get into the dress-up box.

With most of our crew at the Sydney Royal Easter Show this morning, I've turned our office into our own cosy little rabbit warren and am presently munching my way through a good portion of the bag of Cadbury eggs which have found their way onto my desk, while trying to resist the temptation to model my bunny ears yet again.


 



 





We received a phone call earlier this week for a seriously monumental cake, seriously last minute which saw half of our team pulled off their regular duties and thrown right into the deep end. While I am sworn to secrecy at this stage I can tell you this was probably the most exciting, stressful and ground-breaking cake we have ever made....trust me you're going to want to watch this space.

Until then however, I can tide you over with Margie's orangutan from last week. Made for a special benefit event, for which all attendees were required to don red wigs (Paris cut quite the image last week in a purple dress, bright orange bob, complete with leopard print heels I must say). The cake is a life-sized 3D baby orangutan which quite frankly, a mama orangutan could easily have mistaken for her own. I have to say this is one cake I am glad not to have seen cut.



After designing and completing 20 individual cakes for the 20 finalists of Cleo's 2011 Bachelor of the Year, this week we helped winner, Eamon Sullivan celebrate with this huge cake. It was really down to the wire with this one, with Emma and Ritzy still glittering the cake at 5pm as Carlos strolled through the doors to collect it. Time-consuming, yes, but well worth the effort. While Emma may still be picking glitter of various parts of her, the cake looked just stunning in all its glory at the venue. Oh, and the bachelor wasn't too bad either.




Luckily, it's a short day in here for the long weekend, or else I could well be in danger of death by chocolate! Wishing all of you a safe and wonderful long weekend, full of happiness and of course chocolate.

X

1 comments:

Canterbury Cakes said...

I love the orangutang - amazingly lifelike!

Post a Comment